The International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement was established in 1993, as the International Workshop on Acoustic Echo and Noise Control, (IWAENC) and is the leading workshop in the signal processing community addressing issues including:
- Adaptive filtering algorithms and structures for echo and noise control
- Noise reduction techniques
- Active noise control, sound reproduction and hearing aids
- Transducers and acoustic front-ends
- Hardware and real-time issues
- Speech databases and software tools
- Mulitrate filter banks and subband systems
- Systems for stereophonic echo and noise control
- Microphone arrays and array signal processing
- Sound enhancement and sound separation
- Temporal segmentation of signals
- Voice activity detection and double-talk detection
- Noise and acoustic environments and characteristics
The IWAENC workshop is held every even year and interlaces with IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA). The three day program includes poster presentations of recent work and latest results, keynote talks, and demonstrations.
The next workshop is IWAENC 2014 to be held in Antibes, France, 9th-11th September 2014.